Friday, January 07, 2011

Steve's Top Ten of 2010

Having had a quick look at my last.fm stats, discarded all the tracks I use for running, and the ones played multiple times for other various reasons (parties etc), I am left with the following top 10 of 2010 (although the tracks may not be from 2010, that's when *I* discovered them!)

Eliza Doolittle – Pack Up
Starting the list off at No. 10, a catchy tune from one of the number of slightly quirky female singers that have appeared this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzY0-I4Gq5w

Brandi Carlisle - Dying Day
Coming in at No. 9 is a track I found on the Phill and Phil Spotify list they do through Playdio. An excellent source for music you may not have heard of.


Amy MacDonald - This Pretty Face
No. 8 is a staple of the Radio 2 playlist. I enjoyed her first alum, and this was a good first track from her second.


I Am Kloot – Northern Skies
No. 7 probably came from Radio 2 too (in fact, most of this probably did! So, unless I say otherwise, just assume that's the case). It's a great track, and a band that's on my to-follow-up list.


Cee Lo Green – Forget You
No. 6 is the "clean" version. The other one has seen some play, but I don't think it scans correctly. Very catchy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Kirsty Almeida – Spider
Half way, and No. 5 sees a song that saw a lot of play in the early to middle of the year, but not so much recently. Another artist on the to-follow-up list.


K'naan – Wavin' Flag - Coca-Cola® Celebration Mix
Just outside the top 3, and No. 4 sees a song from the World Cup. A favourite of my wife.


Harper Simon – Wishes And Stars
Paul Simon's son swings in to the No. 3 position. Wasn't that impressed with the rest of the album, but the lead single saw a lot of play.


Diane Birch – Valentino
The No. 2 Spot goes to one of my favourite songs ever. It's so well crafted, bouncy, and fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdEk9oRcS4

James Blunt – Stay the Night
And, finally, No. 1 goes to Mr. Blunt. Not his best track ever, but a decent opener for the new album


Honoury mention:
Toto Coelo – Dracula's Tango
I discovered this track as part of a Hallowe'en special on Dracula, and immediately loved it. I have no idea why; it's so cheasy, terrible, and 80's; but I love it. Makes me smile (and remember some of the terrible dance moves) every time I hear it.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...