Thursday, June 04, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Tomorrow an old friend of mine gets married. Of the group of close school friends I keep in touch with only one remains unmarried.

This is the first time that I haven't met the bride before the wedding which feels a little strange. However, it's perfectly understandable. They met in Texas, and now live in the far North of Norway. Not exactly easy to pop out for a drink together!

The wedding is in Norway; specifically, Oslo. So tomorrow morning I fly out at 07:20 (I don't want to think about the time I have to get up!) from Heathrow, wedding in the afternoon, then back on Saturday, and home for bath time. I feel exhausted just thinking about it.

Because of the timings, and early mornings involved, my wife and daughter will be staying at home. This will feel very strange. It always does. It's only one night however, so not too bad.

I've known the groom since I was 11. We've been through highs and lows as part of a close group of friends, and we never lose that bond. We all meet up sporadically these days, but when we do, old patterns are quickly found, and it all feels natural. He's a great bloke who *needs* a good woman in his life, and it would appear that he's found one.

Good luck Rich, and remember, the one piece of advice that I got, and give: never go to bed angry.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...