Monday, October 27, 2008

Yes, I know it's only Monday, but...

We're doing well. I was up, showered, dressed, and had made my wife a hot drink by 06:45 this morning. And my wife appreciated it! We're changing things round. The clocks going back have given us the chance to get the little one up earlier, and, hopefully, get her to bed earlier too.

We we're up and dressed at 07:30 yesterday, and made our way to a local food store to get some xmas presents (side note, my brilliant and fantastic wife has just about finished all the xmas preperations. Cards were all written ages ago, most of the presents are now bought, and everything is wrapped and tagged.), and, I my case, pick up some lunch. Then we were off to Cliveden.

Disaster struck early on. My wife needed to "relieve" herself, and moved off behind some bushes. Now, in hindsight, we could have planned this better but little one was wandering free with her little pushchair, and wasn't waiting for anyone. At the point she decided to trot off down the path, a couple walking their dog appeared, approaching from the other side. I had no choice but to follow my daughter, so I passed a warning to my wife and followed little one. A short while later, the conversation went something like this:

Wife: Thanks!
Me: What?
W: You could have warned me people were coming.
M: I did
W: When? You just wandered off.
M: As I left I said, "People are coming, sorry, have to follow little one."
W: Yes, and I asked if you were talking to me.
M: And I said, "Yes, but I have to go"
W: Oh, I thought you said, "No". Well I wasn't very well hidden, I got no warning, and I'm sure they could see me. As soon as I saw them I stood up. I've got wee down my leg, and I've got a nettle sting on my bottom.
M: rofl
W: It hurts

In the afternoon I did some paperwork, and my fantastic wife wrapped xmas presents.

I didn't get out for a run yesterday. It was far too wet early on, and remained damp throughout. It's not a good idea to do running in the wet when you get asthma, the two things don't tend to work well together!

Now the clocks have finally gone back I feel more righted again. I mentioned this at the beginning of the year, but I feel slightly off kilter when the clocks are forward. I don't know why, but as soon as things right themselves it's as if a low grade headache suddenly goes away. I firmly believe that time should be based on when the sun is highest in the sky. Midday should be exactly what it sounds like.

A quick hello to my Mum to let her know we're thinking of her. Even though she won't read this until afterwards, and I'll probably speak to her before she gets to a computer.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...