Friday, October 24, 2008

Complaining (whinging)

Tired, depressed, but hopeful. Work and real life are getting on top of me. I have so much to do and no where near enough time to do it.

We got to bed "early" last night, lights out at 10:50, but a disturbed night, and early morning have left us feeling as knackered as normal. My poor wife is in some discomfort. Only a minor ailment, but I know she's hurting with it (probably because she keeps telling me :p ), and, as with anything that hurts for a while with no relief, it's affecting her disposition. Hopefully the Docs, today, can give her something to fix, or at least relieve, the problem.

I had a long conversation with my boss yesterday off the back of the long e-mail I sent yesterday morning, and a large part of the small stuff that needs doing but is just the day to day beauracracy I'm now getting assistance with. This has allowed me, for the first time in weeks, to actually do *my* job!

Home stuff just needs bringing up to date. I have a number of outstanding things I need to respond to, and this months bills and paperwork to pay and file. Time is being set aside this weekend. Monday will bring a brighter day (especially with the stag weekend at the end of the week). I know that once everything is up to date I'll say, once again, that I'll keep on top of it, but I know that 2, 3 months down the line I'll be back here, needing to do it again.

On the plus side, the exercise is continuing, I swam again this week, 750m in 30 minutes, and I've run for the last few weekends. The effects seem minor so far, but the trousers do feel slightly looser.

So, in short, delegate, and keep on top of the paperwork. That, and find some planet that has a 30 hour day to allow you to get everything done!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...