Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night...

Alright, it was a damp and grey September morning. It still is. I forgot to put the dishwasher on last night. The third or fourth time in a row that's happened. I can load it, no problems. I always wait, just in case something else could go in; then I get distracted, and forget to put the tab in and close the door. Oops.

Yesterday, I actually got some work done. I only had 2 meetings. Today I only have 1, the work possibilities are almost endless. The rest of the week falls back into a more regular pattern.

As predicted, the chancellor's announcement of doom and gloom has become a self-fulfilling prophecy with the pound hitting an all time low against the euro, increasing foreign costs and imports even more and ensuring that any interest rate cuts (not that there would have been any this year) are now even more unlikely as inflation is likely to go even higher. The man's a muppet.

I failed dismally to get out the house on time today. I put it down to working too hard. Honest. The rest of the week has some early meetings, and therefore a bit more pressure. Then I'm on holiday. Don't know if I've already mentioned this ;) I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Can you tell yet?

Which segues nicely into comments. No one ever does. I know there are 5 people reading this through google reader, and a further 4 to 6 who regularly come to the site, but not one of you leaves me a single message. :'( How am I supposed to steer my content if I have no guidlines? To aid you I have added the reactions feature under each post. If you visit the site just click funny (yeah, right), interesting (you'll be lucky), cool (not even warm), or boring (open to some abuse I think). I'm not sure how well it works, when I looked at it the numbers in brackets weren't showing properly, and the border for the last box seemed to be chopped off, but see how you go. It's a beta feature so it can only get better. If you want other boxes you'll have to (shock, horror) leave me a comment!

Get clicking!

------------------

4 comments:

Laws said...

I've given up trying to leave you comments because my iPhone doesn't like the Comments section of this blog very much.

Sometimes I lose the entire comment, sometimes it freezes, sometimes it pretends that it's posting, only to poke its tongue out as my comment frizzles into nowheresville, and sometimes it just won't give me the ability to select in the comments field when the keyboard comes up.

So I've given up because it was too time-consuming for too little reward (in the event that my commenting ran smoothly, which it did. Sometimes).

Otherwise I'd leave you more.

But I always look at the clock in the mornings to see whether your post will have been published yet. That's how much anticipation it stirs up for the Snoopster and I.

The Chancellor or the Exchequer is quite blatantly conducting a personal vendetta against us; he doesn't want us to sell the house in Chester, and he wants the country screwed especially so that we can't reduce our mortgage. I always suspected it was so, but now I know for sure.

I have a hunch that he has a personal vendetta against many of our fellow countrymen too. Quite a many. Many many. About 60 million of them.

Miserable, conniving git that he is. I hope his nose falls off...

Laws said...

By the way, I'm about to do the 3rd lot of ironing in a row. That's just in case Steve's folks are reading.

Yes, that's right. Wifey does sometimes do the ironing, not that husband would have anyone think it to be true!!!

He'd probably comment back that I'm only ironing my own trousers, but now I'm going to preempt him by saying that I'm also ironing 2 shirts and have ironed many more of late! So there. Never let it be said that wifey never irons. She just takes a little longer and does it a little more carefully.
I hope that your colleagues will start inspecting your cuffs and shoulders to see how superior my ironing capabilities are... ;-P

I hope the in-laws are enjoying France, if they're reading this. Spare a thought for us in the wind and the rain!

Snoopy sat in a big wet puddle this morning... x

Al said...

I hate to admit it but when it gets to the late-early morning/early-late morning (call it about 10ish) I do usually find myself going to g-reader (via i-google) to see what is there from you. The admission here is that I'm interested - you heard it here first ... brother is interested in brothers settled-down-life ha ha :P

3 tips:
#1 It's been said before but I don't want to hear about another tube unless it contains interesting substances that cause amusing things to happen (kaboom! is that one of those flying squirrels?)

#2 Life updates are good - evening/wkend activities make me smile. Work updates (how many meeting per day zzzzz) are just dull. You ain't going to get sympathy from me so just shut (tf) up :P

#3 the more the writing style becomes fiction (yet you know the facts are real) the more entertaining it is.

Thank you and good night.

P.S. *puts geek cape on* this was written using googles new "chrome" web browser that came out a few hours ago and, so far, is pretty darn cool! *takes geek cape off*

*put's on robe and wizard hat*
g'night

Al said...

P.P.S I'm so glad that 'wifey' (Hi btw, thanks for the card) still calls 'little one' snoopey/snoops. It's so much easier to remember than whatever her name is.

P.P.P.S I am ofcourse joking.
P.P.P.P.S No really, I am :P ha ha lol

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...