Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday, September 1st 2008

I subscribe to the simple view that December to February is Winter, March to May Spring, June to August Summer, and September to November is Autumn. So today (fittingly a Monday, the start of the week) is the first day of Autumn.

The weather this morning was a perfect Autumn day; crisp, clear, but with a bite in the air. Perfect walking weather if only I didn't have to go to work.

Even the trees seem to have got the message. There was a prevalence of brown, gold and red showing through the canopy as we passed on the train this morning.

We're in the final week before schools are back, so the tube isn't too bad this morning, and as I'm on holiday myself for 2 weeks after this one, it'll be some time before I'm crammed into a standard commute again. Then it'll be Christmas!

Now there's a scary thought, it's not really that long to the end of December, and in that time I've got a stag do to finish organising, and attend, 2 weddings to go to, visits from my Brother, and my parents, and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head!

The weekend was good. I've already written about the concert; we had my Mother-in-law over to look after the little one, and on Sunday morning, she got up, shut our door (we always sleep with the door slightly ajar so we can hear any squeaks), and sorted out little one so we could get more sleep. We got up at 10:30! Our first lie-in in at least 20 months!

The rest of yesterday was taken up with huge cookfests, shredding of paperwork, and filing / sorting other paperwork. The study is now a haven of calm and order, and the to-do pile doesn't need industrial support to stay upright.

That's about it I guess. I feel I should write about something topical, but the only thing that comes to mind is the stupidity of our Chancellor, and the sorry state of the housing market / economy as a result of his dithering and daft comments. I mean, if there is talk of removing stamp duty, come out and either do it, or state, categorically, that it isn't happening. Don't sit on it for a week and then release a dithering statement about options, and plans. The economy is based on perception. There are a few factors like oil and food prices that have an effect, but the effect they have is based on the public perception of what these things mean. When the Chancellor gives mixed messages, and forecasts of doom and gloom, this causes those problems, which in isolation don't present any grave danger, to be linked and amplified to the point where everyone believes there is a problem, so there is.

Ok, enough waffling, just this week to go, then 2 weeks off. I may need it!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...