Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday 30th August - Day 70 (Week 12)

On the scales this morning: 11 stone 11 and three quarter pounds. Delta from last week: 3 pounds. Total weight loss to date: 38 and half pounds.

The week started quietly enough, but weight loss accelerated at the end. A week of easy food; a pattern of protein, chicken and veg soups, and bolognaise has established itself. When I'm at work it's half a roast chicken for lunch; at home, a late bowl of oat bran and fat free yogurt suffices. Muller light yogurts are a good snack, 7-up free keeps me from becoming sick of drinking plain water. When we go out for the day, hard boiled eggs and chicken drumsticks are vital to keeping the cravings away. And the overall secret to self-control? Sugar free chewing gum. I always have a pack handy; and if my mind turns to bad thoughts, I pop in a piece.

I went out running yesterday for the second Sunday in a row. I ran the 6.4 ish miles in 59 mins and 26 seconds, breaking the hour mark. Felt good, but I *really* ached last night. Thankfully I don't feel too bad this morning, a little stiff, but not too bad.

It's a bank holiday today, but we're up early. My daughter was hungry!

Plans for today include sorting out the cover on the water tank, and partaking of the sale at Robert Dyas. Mummy and daughter will be off to a local indoor play centre. Much climbing and sliding will be had!

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...