Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday 11th October - Day 113 (Week 17)

On the scales this morning: 11 stone 2 and three quarter pounds. Delta from last week: 2 and a quarter pounds. Total weight loss to date: 47 and a half pounds.

A week of yo-yo-ing weight! I started last Monday on 11 5, did a run, and dropped to 11 2.5. Great! Then, over the week I rose back to 11 5.25 on Friday, did another run then, and a huge run yesterday, and now I'm on 11 2.75.

I tweeted, on Tuesday, that I'd entered the 1 stone to go phase. Obviously, by Wednesday, that was incorrect. Today, I can say that again, and this time I think it will stick!  Wednesday morning just saw too much dehydration; it wasn't sustainable. I knew that a 2.5 lb loss in one day wasn't going to stick, but I was hopeful that I'd hold on to some of it and continue the weight loss during the week. Didn't really happen.

It's becoming clear that very strict adherence to the rules is necessary, and continued exercise. Since our holiday in France the rules have slipped a little. I'm fitting into my clothes; I'm feeling better about myself; fitter, more able to do things. The pressure has come off. and there have been slippages. Home-made cupcakes *had* to be tried. A Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes with a Sunday dinner. Transgressions have been numerous. And, whilst the weight loss has continued, it's slowed; and there has been a worry, on my part, about a slip to the old ways. It's not far to go from a cupcake to a Mars bar, then a coke doesn't seem to bad, then I'm four stone heavier again!

So, a renewed effort has taken hold. I've bought some jeans over the weekend that have a 32 inch waist. I don't *quite* fit them at the moment, I *will* soon!

I lost 1.02 kilos this week. That was a sustainable amount. I have 6.25 kilos to go. 6 or 7 weeks. A short time pain for a long term gain.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...