Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday 18th October - Day 120 (Week 18)

On the scales this morning: 11 stone 3 and a half pounds. Delta from last week: minus three quarter pounds. Total weight loss to date: 46 and three quarter pounds.

Oh dear! I've gone backwards! There is a good explanation, and a silver lining however. On Friday morning I weighed 11 st 0.75 lb, a weight loss of 2 lb for the week from Monday. I'd gone strict on the diet, done a little exercise, and was nicely back on track. Then I went to Aberdeen for the weekend with some old friends. That's where it all went wrong!

I had a sandwich on the way up, a (Dukan friendly) chilli on Friday night with 2/3 of a bottle of wine. Saturday saw bread for lunch and a curry(!) for tea with 3 pints of cider. Sunday gave me a grilled breakfast of sausage and bacon, a fried egg, and some more bread. I had (Dukan friendly) home-made bolognaise for tea.

I also had fun, enjoyed the food and drink, and don't regret any of it.

Back to the strictness today.

I'll be taking my daughter to her first ever eye test later, so I'm working from home today. This means I can get out for a lunchtime run (yay!), and control exactly what I'm eating / stay away from dangerous temptation as I go back onto a primarily protein diet and fight off those carb cravings! 

I know, from previous experience, that a lot of the weight is water retention, and the run will sort that out. The goal for the week is to get back on track, and see a big 1 0 in that Stone column on the old spreadsheet

Now, will it be a chicken drumstick for lunch or a hard boiled egg??

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...