Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Are we nearly there yet?

Where are we going?

What will we do when we get there?

Why does it seem to be taking so long to arrive?

What's the point?

I spend all my working days telling people how many servers we have, and how badly they are used. People then pick out the tiniest holes in the data to try and discredit it so that they don't have to do any work. What's it all for?

Hardly likely to change the world, am I? (Although one of the initiatives driven by me and my data is reduced power consumption, so that might help a bit)

I think the problem is I could do so much more. Proper resourcing, decent management cover, and we could really make a difference. Save millions, reduce power costs dramatically, make teams work smarter and better. It's the frustration of lost opportunity that's getting to me.

And what will I do about it. Moan here probably. Very little I can do about it. Keep on at the powers to change things. To listen to me. I can keep dreaming.

Whine over.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...