Monday, October 20, 2008

There's a storm coming

The light this morning had a yellow quality to it, the air was too warm, and the wind too unsettled and gusty. The clouds above were scudding across the sky, and things had that slightly apocalyptical feel. I have a feeling I'll be wet before I get home this evening.

The weekend saw us doing stuff! We went to Cliveden on Saturday. Eventually. We all had a lie-in first as little one had us up at 03:45, and I'd got in late on Friday after meeting some work colleagues for a drink. (Not a good combination!) The compulsory weekend trip to the supermarket in the afternoon, and my wife and I got some jobs done.

Sunday saw me out for my weekly run. It was cold out, and I took a while to warm up to it. Did ok though, and it's getting *slightly* easier.

Once I was back and changed we went to the seventh circle of hell, or, as some call it, the NCT nearly new sale. We were only inside for 30 minutes, but I'm sure I'm about 5 years older now. We did manage to get a coat for my daughter though as her current one just doesn't fit properly anymore. Escape from Hades saw us heading home for lunch, followed by a trip to the garden centre for some soil. On return, little one went down for a nap, and my wife and I finally re-potted three plants which we've been meaning to do for months.

I cooked our Sunday dinner after that whilst my wife cleaned the house. Dusting, tidying, vacuuming; a small tornado of cleaning moved through our house. Anyone would think her Mum was coming over today. Oh. :)

Little one was in a strange mood last night, fixating on buttons and lights and just acting weird. Her teeth seem to be bothering her too. She finally went down at about 20:30, and was asleep about 40 minutes later. We watched Fringe, tidied the kitchen, and went to bed.

The journey this morning has taken ages. Every train seems to be on a go slow. I, finally, have 1 more stop, and then I'm there.

Friday night out was good. I didn't end up in Oxford, I left at the right time, I caught all the right trains. It was good to see those I was out with, but, as always, I could have done with longer to chat. The world was nearly set right, but the clock caught up with us.

Escape is almost at hand, so I bid adieu. More tomorrow. (You just can't wait can you?!)

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...