Monday, October 13, 2008

Surreal

I'm standing on the bakerloo line at stupid o'clock in the morning listening to Barbara Streisland singing about being a woman in love. It's certainly an interesting way to start the week!

The weekend went like most of them do; too quickly. We had a lovely lunchtime / afternoon at Winkworth Arboretum. A picnic lunch to start in a leafy glade, and then an autumnal walk through the trees. My daughter walked for the vast majority of our time there, and then promptly collapsed into sleep when we got back to the car.

Sunday saw me get up and go for a run. It wasn't that early, and I procrastinated a bit hoping the mist would lift a bit, but I did get out and managed 2.5 miles.

Music update: Goldfrapp whilst stood on the platform at Baker Street waiting for a Jubilee line train to make an appearance. Not as surreal.

However, Was not was walking a dinosaur on the packed Jubilee line seems to be a return to form.

Anyway, the rest of Sunday was taken up by a bit of gardening. Finally all the vine eyes for stringing the roses and clematis are in. Now all I need to do is finish wireing them up.

We watched the first episode of 'Fringe' last night on Sky+. It wasn't bad, but the pseudo-science bit was quite clearly rubbish, as expected, and I found it a bit difficult to suspend belief. Enjoyable enough to give chance to though, so we'll try episode 2 this week.

It was pitch black when I got up this morning. Doesn't bode well for when I'm really tired later in the week. Clocks go back soon though, so that'll give me a short reprieve.

Crammed in like sardines now having called at Waterloo with only London Bridge left to completely pack us out. Joy.

Right, one handed typing now, so probably time to sign-off. One last music update: absolutely rammed on the jubilee, listening to Robbie Williams singing about Hot Fudge. Moving to LA doesn't sound too bad at this moment in time!


------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...