Friday, October 10, 2008

Life in slow motion

Not really, but I was struggling for a title.

Another Friday dawns, and it's a beautiful one. The sun is out, the clouds are fluffy and sparse. It's not too cold. I've decided, once I get my new phone in December, to take a photo once a week from the edge of the platform at 06:59(ish) and automagically post it on Picasa and here on the blog. I thought it would make a nice record. Or be incredibly boring depending on your point of view.

The weekend approaches, and with it a myriad of jobs. I know the garage needs doing, but I fear it isn't priority. The glass bottles definitely need recycling though as a mountain of them collapsed the morning when I took the plastic out to be recycled. Why can our council pick up "green" waste (of which we have none as we compost), plastic and paper, but not glass? Or cans for that matter, not that we have many of them either.

Our draining rack needs a serious clean, and bits of the kitchen could do with a scrub. The conservatory needs a good tidy-up, and the rest of the house needs it's usual clean and polish.

Right, that's my interesting life planned for the weekend, so what else?

My course yesterday was on managing office politics. Where I learnt that I deal well with self serving machiavellian types. Probably because I get so much practice! Apparently we have a few "total losers" too as I recognised the tactics they used far too easily!

Back to the issues today; storage and location. I doubt I'll get a solution this week (today), but 2 steps forward, 1 back is the usual pattern.


------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...