Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 3? Nope, day 4

Yesterday, something did not want me to leave the house. The car was completely frozen first thing. It had snowed in the early part of the night, and then frozen afterwards. Whilst the "snow" was removable (in sheets), there was a thick layer of ice underneath that scraping had no effect on. By the time I got it sorted I had missed my train. I got to the station easily for the next one only to find it cancelled!

Meetings forced me home at that point as the next train would have put me underground in the middle of a conference call. And home was where I stayed.

Yesterday evening I attempted to go swimming. We got little one down at an early hour, and tried to make the most of it. I sorted out my towel and trunks and headed out. The place was shut for maintenance! Back home I went.

This morning, completely different story. Up on time, showered, dressed, hot drink for my wife. Out to a car with no ice, just some condensation. Easy drive, and trains that arrive when they're meant to.
Incidentally, commuting problems aside, the early rising and new routine is being stuck to. Even if I've had no exercise this week.

Dentist appointment tomorrow, so no commuting for me, then the stag weekend. Should be fun, but some sleep wouldn't go amiss, and I think that might be in short supply.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...