Monday, November 03, 2008

One of the last

Ok, there should be a stag-do post party review here, but I don't have time, nor technology to do it justice just yet. I'll get something, with the all important pictures, up in the next few days.

Apart from having fun in the Lakes this weekend I managed to get my hands on the plastic demo versions of the G1, and the storm. Form factor wise I liked the storm, but the touch screen puts me off. Yes, it's haptic, butyou can't catch 2 thumbs on there at once, and the screen was a bit small. On the other hand, the G1 is a bit plastic, didn't have the greatest keyboard, and is unproven.

I think it comes down to convergence though. My contacts and e-mail are on g-mail, my calendar is on Google Calendar, my chat program is Google Talk, I search with Google, I know the tricks and shortcuts around their engine. My online photos are on Picasa, and even this blog is on blogger (the last 2 are also Google for those who don't know).

All of the problems I have with my current phone arise because of the compromises I have to make to get Google services to work with a blackberry, and non of that will go away with a storm, or even a bold. Also, the G1 is on T-Mobile which means I don't have the hassle of PAC codes and temporary numbers.

Time to see if I can get a bold through work, and 'fix' my problems by carrying 2 phones!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...