Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The first

Yesterday I absconded, briefly, from work and visited a T-mobile store. A short while later I left with a new G1. The Googlephone. It cost nothing, they put me on a higher tarrif for nothing, and they left me on an 18 month contract for nothing. I wasn't going to complain.

So, here it is, my first post with a very different keyboard and phone.

What's it like? Easy enough to use, but maybe a little too sensitive on the keyboard. I find myself wondering if I actually pressed a key when I have, and have had some unwanted double hits.

The apps seem good. The browser is better then the blackberry (not hard!), and e-mail / texting is simple enough. It's fantastic to finally be able to sync my calendar, mail, contacts, and RSS feeds automatically. Although I still need an offline feed reader.

Other than that, early days. I seem to have made it through this post easily enough. Now, when I hit send underground will it hold it until I get back to a signal? Only one way to find out.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...