Thursday, August 21, 2008

What is it with Thursdays?

Our new, zero cost TV arrived yesterday, and I was very restrained; waiting until my daughter was down, and other jobs (cooking) underway before unboxing it. We then watched our evening tele on the old set before I switched them round and connected the new one.

I think it's glorious. Shiny, new, beautifully clear picture. I may be alone in this view.

The connection out of the way, we finished tidying up and went to bed. Not bad timing, lights out at 11:10.

My daughter woke us at 02:20, investigation showed no probable cause, so she was settled and we returned to bed. 03:00 she was back. This time food was offered, a nappy change, some slightly lighter clothes, lots of cuddles, and a calming light show on the ceiling. Seemed to work, but at a cost of 50 minutes.

Strangely my alarm didn't wake me! I got up late, too late to get even the 07:30 train, so I'm an hour late at this point. I did get some paperwork done, and some stuff in the kitchen that's been hanging around since the weekend put away, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I have a few less meetings today, and a new person starting which should, eventually, take some of the burden off me.

Life, as always, continues. And the three day weekend gets ever closer.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...