Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wednesday hits again, but I'm already over the hump

With a short week this week Wednesday doesn't hold quite it's usual dread. It's still a busy day, with far too many meetings; but today and Thursday take me to the long weekend.

News today reports that China have banned the waving of flags from nations not represented at the Olympics. That'll stop the Scottish supporting Andy Murray as anything other than British! It'll also stop anyone waving a Tibetan flag (the actual purpose of the ruling). I'm waiting for the moment during these games where China is suddenly embarrassed into doing something rash. Something with global repercussions. They're not used to global scrutiny, and they're used to getting their way. An interesting combination.

I've got a seat this morning on the tube. In a carriage with only 6 people standing. The temperature is almost pleasant! We arrive at Waterloo in a minute though, so all that will change.

My blackberry is semi behaving itself now. If I reboot it of a morning all the buttons work. If I don't, it starts playing up again overnight. I can get a new one in December, so I just need to persevere until then.

Wow, we emptied the platform at Waterloo, no one was left waiting, and we're still not even close to full. I guess everyone's gone on holiday.

I'm just waffling now, so time to sign off. Going to see Batman tonight, that'll be good. Other than that, one more journey to work to go this week.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...