Friday, August 29, 2008

Quiet week

Been a quiet one this week for the old blog. Bank holiday, actual holiday, and a day working from home. So what's been happening the last couple of days?

Wednesday saw a day off (with 93 e-mails I wish I hadn't bothered) taken so I could accompany my wife and daughter to my little ones first measles injection. It was, most defintely, an anti-climax. She fell asleep on the way there, stopped crying after the injection by the time we got to the car, and was perfectly happy the rest of the day. Apparently the 'fun' can start in 1-3 weeks. Right when we're on holiday!

The rest of the day was spent doing not much. We found a B&B to stay in on the way up to our holiday so we can get the most out of our first day at Centre Parcs. Had a quick and easy tea; and watched a movie before bed. We were a bit knackered having stayed up the night before talking to a friend, and having been woken a couple of times with little one. The movie was 'Happy-Go-Lucky', and wasn't worth it.

We were woken early again by our daughter. Even though she was knackered she still seemed to want to be up at 06:16. We settled her a couple of times before giving up. I dressed and trundled off to work (the study) as tired as if I'd got up and gone to work.

Worked late last night. Why is it that when I work from home I start at the same time as if I'd gone to the office, but work far longer. The office finishes at 16:45 for me, working from home is at least 17:30, and usually past 18:00. Last night I logged off at 18:45.

The reason for working from home yesterday was to get my MOT done, which was sorted out easily enough, and means I can get my road tax sorted today before it runs out on Sunday.

This weekend promises to be a busy quiet one. No one visiting, but plenty of jobs to do in both the house and garden. Then, one more week before a fortnight off. Woot!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...