Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back in the saddle

An interesting, if not terribly relaxing, long weekend. I now have to get used to the idea that it's Tuesday. I've already caught myself thinking it's Monday 3 times already today. I'll end up turning up at the wrong meetings!

My parents popped down over the weekend on their way to France for a month and a half. They came over to ours Friday, we went to their caravan for lunch Saturday, then they were back at ours in the evening.

On Sunday my parents-in-law were celebrating their wedding anniversary and my Mother-in-laws birthday. The venue was over in Kent, so we were staying over. My parents were invited too, but they went back to their caravan that evening. From what I saw the party was fun and people seemed to be haing a good time. However, not long after 7 I headed upstairs with little one, put her to bed, and then read in another room with the baby monitor on for the rest of the evening. I swapped positions with my wife once, briefly, to say goodbye to my parents, and grab some cake.

Yesterday we packed up, and travelled home. A bit zonked, we unpacked and I had an easy afternoon reprogramming our universal remote to work properly with the new tele (and the amp we've had for over 2 years that I've just never got round to) (and the sky+ remote). Evening saw a healthy stir fry and bed.

We have one of my wife's old friends visiting this evening, and then I'm off tomorrow as my daughter is having her first measles jab. Hopefully she'll take it in her stride, and have no ill effects. At least the weekend is only 4 days away, and is free for once.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...