Sunday, August 31, 2008

R.E.M.

A Saturday posting, although it must be nearly Sunday by now.

Tonight my wife and I went to see R.E.M. live at Twickenham. We didn't have the greatest of seats, Twickenham doesn't have the best acoustics for a live gig, but it was great.

They mainly played older stuff, even a fair helping of the old I.R.S. days, covering the whole 30ish years they've been going. All the expected hits were there, and the obvious new tracks. Good use of video screens allowed even those of us stuck in allocated seating somewhere near the back corner to get a good show.

Having seen R.E.M. 3 times previously I had an idea of what to expect and they didn't disappoint. However, I've never sat down before at one of their gigs, so it was interesting to see things from a different perspective.

Speaking of a different perspective, my wife, not a fan, has never seen them before, so in a blog first, here's her opinion.

<Wife>not bad</wife>

So, there you have it. She has said that she would see them again too.

Now it's 00:10 and we're quite tired. Not that we're getting a bit old for this or anything.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...