Monday, August 04, 2008

Productivity and reward

A busy weekend was had by all.

I managed what must be the ultimate payback from those loyalty systems this weekend. I walked into Argos, gave the teller the number for a forty inch full HD TV, handed over my nectar card and that was that. Brand new telly, delivered in under 21 days, no money down, none to pay. I now have enough on my card to buy a sandwich. Maybe.

We were in Guildford at the time looking for some paints for my daughter's play house, (The selection of paints for exterior use in B and Q seems to extend to red, blue and white) and came away with a few samples.

The afternoon of Saturday was a pleasant time of cleaning the bathroom, tidying up, and sorting things out.

Yesterday we went to a local woodland based activity centre where my daughter got a chance to climb, swing and spin before we went for a pleasant, if short, walk in the woods in the drizzle. Little one fell asleep on the way home, and was down and in her cot for midday. Unheard of.

As soon as we got back I loaded the car up for the tip and got rid of a load of stuff that's been cluttering up the garage. A quick food shop on the way home was followed with a full vacuum of the car. My wife is out tonight watching 'Mamma Mia' for the third time(!), and is doing the driving, so at least she won't be ashamed of the state of the car.

The rest of the day was paperwork. A huge pile of stuff was sorted, filed, and dealt with. I now have a large pile of things in my pocket that need paying in, or sending off. My inbox, however, is empty.

Now, if only my e-mail inbox at work was the same.

Relaxation last night as we near the end of season 2 of Battlestar Galactica was followed by some watering (pots only, the rest of the garden was wet enough), and bed.

Short week this week as I have Friday off, some busy days in between though.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...