Friday, August 01, 2008

Egg meet face

Last night my blackberry messed up!

I updated the OS on my blackberry a couple of days ago in an attempt to fix my trackball issues (it didn't), and one of the fallouts from that was the removal of all my account details from the various apps on the handset. So over the last couple of days I've been putting everything back. Last night was the turn of my sync software.

As I've gone into previously I have a convoluted system for keeping my calendars in sync between work, google, and the blackberry. The crux of this solution is the sync software on the blackberry. I looked up and re-input my account details for the sync, and hit go. I only expected a couple of updates as I hadn't been out for too long, and I hadn't had that many meeting invites.

What actually happened was a large number of existing meetings somehow got hijacked by my handset, it gave ownership of other peoples meetings to my gmail account, and then sent them invites to their own meetings. In some cases it invited all the invitees too!

The first thing I knew about it was the twenty off out of office replies my gmail account got. The next was the head of IT Production declining his own meeting from two days ago with a puzzled comment.

I feel today could be fun.

In other news, it's Friday, I'm tired, the weekend begins in a few hours. There are many jobs to do. Woo.

Anyone know where I can find a nice big hole to open up beneath me and swallow me up?

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...