Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to the daily grind

I enjoyed a three days off this weekend. Friday was especially good. It was my wife's birthday, and as a treat she went off for a day of pampering in a spa. This left Daddy and Baby alone for the whole day.

In the morning I took her to 'Whoosh', a soft pay area for younger kids. We played for ages on a bouncy castle, and climbed, crawled, and slid our way around the rest of the place. After some food and drink, we went home to some more food and drink, then I took her upstairs. By the time I'd changed her she was pointing at the bed and making 'wanting' noises. She went straight to sleep! She was completely out of it when my wife popped home to give me a hand putting her down.

I got her up a couple of hours later, and we went into town. I had a look for a top for my wife, and a t-shirt for me, but no luck. I got some felt tips for my daughter. We then went and got some new inserts for me to try and correct my feet problems. These ones lift my big toe instead of rolling my heel. Finally we got some champagne and chocolate for my wife (just the essentials), and went home. She was in bed 45 minutes early.

Saturday saw us popping to Reading. Still no luck on the top and t-shirt front. An early nap for my daughter (still tired from the day before, and she had woken at 06:30 for some reason). In the afternoon my wife and I took turns at different supermarkets, and we played with little one too. Another early bed, we actually managed to see a movie 2 nights in a row!

Sunday morning we were up early again, and straight out. We went to a wooded play area called 'The Lookout' where babe swung, and spun, and toddled her way to tiredness. She was down for a nap outstandingly early. I took the opportunity to try and get a couple of things from Toys 'r' us and Argos, but was frustrated by both. Then five items from the supermarket too me to 3 supermarkets! (and one of the items was wrong after all that!)

Sunday afternoon I cooked a dinner (after my fantastic wife prepared all the veg whilst I was out) which we ate as a family, started building my BBQ, played with my daughter, bathed her, and got her down 40 minutes early. We took the chance to get out in the garden in the early evening and get an acer re-potted, followed by a clean up in the kitchen, a episode of Battlestar Gallactica, and bed.

Now a full, busy week stretches out in front of me. We've got some friends popping down at the end of it though, so something to look forward to. Reports and meetings this morning. Joy.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...