Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night...

Ok, it was a mild and wet Tuesday morning. In August(!) I got soaked as I made my way from the car to the shelter point on the platform. I may as well have just showered with my clothes on. Once there, and stuck, they then announce that the train is 10 minutes late. It arrives, eventually, and we move on.

At my interchange there is a train waiting. Great, I'll only have lost 2 minutes. As I approach, the announcement goes out to inform us the train is bust and no longer for public use. Everyone gets off. The next train arrives 7 minutes later; I didn't even contemplate getting on it. I get the next one. Now 13 minutes late.

Slow running to Paddington gets me here a further 7 minutes late, but at least I'm on my way. Did I mention I was busy this morning and could have done with every second. I have a course all morning ('Presenting with Impact'), but sent out a couple of Management reports last night. (Late last night. Sorry honey (Side note, I have the best, most understanding wife ever!)) I could really have done with 25 minutes to check things over before I sit in a classroom all morning. Oh well, they'd better be right!

Not much on the news front, got home, put little one down, produced reports, ate, bed. It's an exciting life!

The Jubilee line rolls on, and another day at work beckons.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...