Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why bother?

By the time I got on my second train today I might as well have not bothered dryin off after my shower. Having the shower itself seemed almost as pointless. It's hot, humid, and I'm tired. It's going to be a good day!

The heat and humidity is wearing down my household. The house retains so much heat, and the lack of breeze at the moment is making some rooms, including my daughters, a bit sauna like. Poor little mite is often covered in sweat when we check on her.

To add insult to injury, heathrow decided to land planes from the West this morning, that means every plane about to enter final approachflies slowly over the south side of our house turning north, and then east as they fly back north of our house. Yes, they're quite high up, but the still air, the slow speed, and the frequency makes sleeping difficult, and returning to sleep once awake nearly impossible.

Now, what else can I whinge about? Probably plenty, but I won't.

Topical news question given the sentencing of the canoe fraud case. Why on earth did he return to the UK and kick this off? If he'd remained in Panama, and stuck to the plan their wouldn't have been any issues. Why the daft amnesia tale? I just don't get it. Even if the tale had worked the insurance money would have had to be returned and they'd have lost out financially.

Right, I'm now 90 degrees, squashed, and 12 minutes from work. I love my life.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...