Friday, June 13, 2008

Late running

When you forget to set an alarm, and you're really tired, you're body doesn't wake you at 06:23 naturally. Strange that. Thankfully, my wife does set an alarm (for a slightly later time than mine however) otherwise I'd still be asleep now.

Once I had got up, and made my way out, I got to my interchange with the trains. Nicely timed, (ok, complete chance) I walked down the stairs as a train arrived. Making my way to the platform, just as the door stopped, I was asked by the platform staff if I was travelling first class. Now, 2 things should be noted at this point:

1. There are constant announcements played over the tannoy telling customers to use all available doors when trying to board a train.

2. The carriage I was trying to board is the buffet car (I've mentioned before about leaning on the buffet on the journey). This car only has 1 door, the other side of the carriage has a door shape, but it doesn't open.

I said no to the guy, and explained I was going to the buffet. He then wouldn't let me on the train saying that I would have to use one of the standard class doors.

A point about the platform. The entrance, and main length of the platform leads people to a certain point. This happens to be about equal distance between the first and second doors into standard class. When a train arrives, 50% of people go for each of these doors. The door he was pointing me at was the first of these. It was surrounded by lots of people. The door I was at had me.

Not wanting an arguement I walked to the other door, waited so I could actually board, and then walked back through to the carriage I had wanted.

The story would end here; however, as the train was about to leave one of the first class stewards walked through to the buffet furious. He started complaining to the buffet girl that the platform attendant was out of order and incredibly rude. That he wasn't letting people on the train was just ridiculous. A woman beside me agreed with him, and I spoke up too (with my all doors argument). The steward was so annoyed he gave us free drinks. That'll show 'em!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...