Friday, May 02, 2008

Techie update 2 (last one, promise)

It's all finally fixed. Turns out that the aspect ratio is calculated using tcprobe which is part of transcode. Transcode is compiled to use imagemagick libraries for speed, and was dependant on libMagick9. When I upgraded to imagemagick 6.4.0 the library became libMagick10 and the dependancy failed. One quick recompile later and the problem was resolved.

As a bonus, the -e errors I was getting were down to variables not being grepped from the tcprobe output, so the recompile fixed those too and the whole script is back to full function.

I now promise to blog about something else!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...