Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Busy bank holiday weekend

Short of listing the huge amount of jobs done over the weekend I don't think I can convey just how much was done. However, lists are boring, so I won't.

Our garden is looking much better, everything that currently needed planting has been planted, the lawn is edged with wooden borders, and cut too! It all looks very good. I can hold my head up amongst the other neighbourhood men, and scowl at those with inferior gardens!

I also managed to clear the majority of junk out of my garage, so negotiating from the front to the back is no longer a treacherous death trap. Still some tidying work to be done here, but the overall effect is good so far. 2 of the bookcases in the garage got moved to the shed allowing for more storage options in there, and a clearer floor space in the garage.

Also achieved was a complete re-arrangement of the study, the old server monitor is gone, the 2 widescreen monitors setup properly, all the other electrical stuff tidyied up, and all the paperwork sorted out and filed. The end result is an area much more condusive to work. There are still 3 crates to sort out, and the bookshelves need going through and clearing, but all in all it was a worthwhile exercise.

I've also ordered a mini keyboard for the server. I only use the keyboard for startup and shutdown, and when it's broke (rarely), so having a whole keyboard sitting on the desk seemed wasteful. Out it goes, and a little USB keyboard can sit on top of the server for those rare occasions when it's needed. One more bit of desk real estate reclaimed.

Plenty other jobs have been achieved, but those are the major items. I've taken next Monday off too, so hopefully a few more jobs can get knocked off, and I can have a little time to enjoy the fruits of my labours!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...