Wednesday, May 07, 2008

So many half formed posts, so little to write

I have to give an important presentation today which is kind of overwhelming my mind. So every time I try to think of something to write, it kind of forms, and is then moved aside by the thought of presenting again.

I'm not worried per se, I know my subject matter, and it's only 10 minutes. It's an update on a situation, not a request nor a radical new idea. However, the audience is made up of fairly important people, and the update is not terribly good news!

I suppose I'm lucky in a way. Coming up through the realms of support I was always the one to attend to the director level problems, providing support for various business systems to the MD and others. The one thing this taught me is that they are just human too. Also, they never know as much as me when it comes to technology. Their job is budgets, stats, finances, mine is technology. I'll just need to bear in mind that I'm right, the data is right, and I know what I'm talking about.

So, that out the way, my little keyboard will arrive today, and another piece of valuable real estate on the desk will be cleared. I'm excited in the way only a geek could be!

Four day week, 50% through (counting get ups), with another 3 day weekend to look forward to (I've took Monday off). Doing ok so far with the getting up, but it's beginning to hurt again.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...