Friday, May 02, 2008

Techie update

(As I know my wife can hardly wait!)

I finally solved the problem I wrote about yesterday. Turned out to be a catalogue of errors.

First, the configure script for imagemagick hard codes the line 'result_ghostscript_font_dir='none'.

It was also missing some double quotes around the point where it sets the variable to display on the next line. Turns out it was working anyway, just not telling me it had found the right directory.

The script I use to convert files into DVDs was still telling me that I had no ghostscript font support. Turns out it uses 'convert -list type' to determine fonts, in 6.4.0 this functionality has been moved to 'convert -list font'.

One final correction was needed, once the output of 'convert -list font' has been read it gets the locations of an xml file, the format of this has changed (I guess), so an awk was needed to get the correct output from the file.

I still have problems with the script not inputting aspect ratio into the final xml sheet, and a number of -e errors relating to echo statements, but things work enough to allow me to create DVDs again.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...