Monday, April 28, 2008

Something for the weekend

I worked from home on Friday which meant 2 things. No post on here, and the weekend started that little bit earlier. Strange thing about working from home though; although the night at home starts earlier for me, it never starts as early as it could. Although I start working at the same time I always do, I find myself still working over an hour after I would usually have left to go home. With my daft commute this means I still start relaxing earlier, but theoretically it could be even earlier.

We did *stuff* this weekend. We haven't stopped. Saturday I got up, went and had my hair cut (which has been done really badly, it's far too short, and completely un manageable now), straight to a garden centre to pick up another water butt (our current one, like the new one, is a space saving one and doesn't have enough capacity), off then to Mothercare to buy some locks for the higher kitchen drawers, then another garden centre to pick up 24 pots of lavender. We then went to the pub for lunch. Once we got back it was into the garden. I removed a foot and a bit wide strip of grass all the way around our front, and then dug out a trench down to just under a foot deep. I loaded up the car with the grass and called it a day.

Sunday saw us up fairly early, and me off to the tip. Once rid of the grass it was back home, and out to garden centres again, this time for farm shops, edging, and top soil. At home, after lunch, I loaded up all the soil from the trench into the car (plastic sheeting providing much needed protection), then off to the final garden centre of the weekend for more top soil, home to drop that off, and then the tip to fnally get rid of the trench earth. When I got back my fantastic wife had just about finished the planting of the lavender, and my beautiful daughter was having a great time on the lawn playing. I picked up the little one, and we went for a stroll as the planting was finished.

On return, I tidied up outside, then vacuuming, bath cleaning, more vacuuming, more vacuuming, shower cleaning (whilst I had a shower!), sink cleaning, toilet cleaning. After that was dinner (cottage pie,yum), washing up, clean and polish kitchen benches, clean oven, put up coat hook for little one's coats, sort out washing, and then, finally, collapse into bed.

I come to work for a rest!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...