Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First steps

My little daughter took her first proper steps at the weekend. Recently we have been able to support her whilst she is walking and then gently let go; she has then tottered a few steps before sitting down with a big grin. She knows what she's done, and she loves it.

This weekend I was putting her shoes on so we could go out, and she was wanting to stand up and lean against me. We started playing a game where she would stand up, let go, hold for a few seconds, and then fall forward onto me. Big grins and giggles all round. After a few goes I moved back a little, as it is the fall forward as much as the standing she loves. A couple more moves, a couple more falls, then she took a step! I shuffled back a little more, she took another. More shuffling, more steps, then I hit the wall, and she caught up.

She was sooo happy with herself. Smiles, giggles, clapping. My wife had come through half way through, so she watched as I moved her back and we did it again. More smiles and clapping. I then turned her round, and she walked to mummy. Then back to daddy. The she was a bit tired, so lots of hugs and praise and we went out.

We've repeated things since, but she still needs confidence before embarking on her own.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...