Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tired of running for transport

I'm sick of it. I seem to spend my life, these days, running for trains. It's not that I'm useless. I allow plenty of time for my journeys; but events seem to conspire against me.

Take this morning; I'm up a bit late, and I'm going for a rush hour train. I leave an extra 6 minutes early for my journey. 2 miles in we hit a roundabout. 3 roads converge. We all want to go for the second exit. The ones coming from the right could go down our road, or across us for their second exit. The car 2 ahead of me waited. And waited.

"Oh dear", he must have thought, "here comes another car. He's indicating; he's turning; oh, I could have gone. Oh dear, here comes another car."

Over and over this happened. He waited until there were no cars anywhere in sight (if there was a car 20 metres from the roundabout, moving slowly as you would approaching a junction, he waited).

Prat.

I made the train. Just. I had to run.

It happens almost on a daily basis now. Something will delay me in an unexpected way, and at some point I'll have to run for a train.

Anyway, enough of that. Tired. For a change.

Wife's out at the cinema tonight (again ;) ), so I might get to watch a movie or something. Relax.

I could have sworn it was Friday today. I've done enough this week for it to be Friday. My head aches like it's Friday. The fact that it's Thursday seems a cruel joke.

Hell of a day ahead (for a change), more meetings (although one has already been cancelled), more work. As always, if we can get to the end of the week, and hit all our deliveries, next week looks (at this point) easier.

Hope. It keeps us going.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...