Monday, April 06, 2009

Running around, all a twitter

I ran 4.3 miles last night. I have my running routes tracked via google, and posted to "my maps" on google maps. At some point I'll share. 4.3 hurt. Well, actually 2.5 to 3 hurt, I ignored it after that because it was late, dark, and I was getting cold! In 5 weekends time I'm running a half marathon. Eek!

By my calculations, I need to run 5.5 next sunday followed by 7, 9.5, 11.5 and then the 13. During each week I run the distance I ran the Sunday before. So this week it's 2 2.5 mile loops. Next week it's the 4.3 I did this weekend. So the final week would be 11.5, 2 lots of 9.5, and a 13. I may wind down the final training run though.

I have a feeling that this will hurt!

The first time I did a half marathon I trained for the whole thing from scatch (no technique, no nothing) in 5 weeks. I was younger. And lighter.

-------

I now have nearly 200 people "following" me on Twitter. Every one of them hanging on my every word. Ok, maybe not. But that is rather a lot of people I don't know, who also follow a lot of other people they don't know, listening to an awful lot of drivel, re-hashed blog posts, and the same link to a slightly interesting article 10 times an hour. Of course, there is some good, original commentary, and the first link to that article is interesting; so, on balance, it's still worth doing.

Overall, a good weekend. Now we have a 4 day week, a 4 day weekend (with a stag do), and another 4 day week. Could be far worse. Now, let's get the first of those over and done with!

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...