Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday morning, a new week, a new age.

The weeks feels full of possibilities today. It isn't always this way, however, I do find that Monday brings with it a positive outlook, a feeling of having left the previous weeks troubles behind, a chance to strike out in a different direction. Of course, this is gone by 10am when you relise that not everyone feels the same, and the problems of last week are the problems of this week.



Nice feeling while it lasts however.



I don't feel the same about birthdays. I had one of those on Saturday. The whole year older thing; doesn't wash. I'm only a day older than yesterday. Same as I am every day.



Saturday was a good day though. Presents, cards, my parents were visiting, so we got to see them too. The morning was spent assembling my daughter's birthday present, her trampoline. The first part of the afternoon was spent bouncing on it. She loved it.



In the afternoon my parents took her to a park, and my wife and I went looking for somewhere for Sunday lunch. We found a nice place but it'll have to be for another day; they couldn't sit us until 3pm! So, instead, I went to Sainsburys and got a roast in.



Saturday evening my wife and I went to an Indian restaurant, and had a very nice meal before returning home and retiring for the night.



Sunday brought swimming, and a frustrated daughter who's finally worked out that her desires exceed her abilities. She wants to swim without her floating aid, but she can't. She sinks. Bit of a stand-off moment, and then a tantrum as we left. All forgotten by the time we were dressed. Home for a roast, bid my parents bon voyage, and then intertwined housework and play. An evening of struggling to upgrade the computer to 64 bit to take advantage of the new kit was successful in the end. Then, the inevitable bed time.



Which brings us to here. Optimism for the day remains, but reality is beginning to push in. Busy week ahead. Lots of reports, lots of demands.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...