Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wednesday, the new Monday

A few flakes of the white stuff brought the south of England to a halt this week. We didn't get that much, but the train companies used any excuse to stop running. Even though we had no extra snow Monday night I still couldn't make it in yesterday.

The funniest bit about the whole thing: the main problem with my route on Monday was the underground. Deep level lines were suspended due to "adverse weather conditions". Underground. In a tunnel. I can understand the above ground parts having a problem, but all lines have emergency underground junctions for just that occurence. Didn't stop them halting everything.

Travel problems aside, the last couple of days have been good. Plenty of time spent with my daughter, and a snowball fight with my wife.

We've also managed a little more sleep of late which is definitely helping.

Still finishing off Dexter. This evening will be the last episode. Managed it quite quickly this morning. I left for work early, anticipating problems. 7 minutes early. I arrived at the car park 10 minutes late! This on clear roads with no excuses for slow driving. People down here just don't get it. A little bit of white at the side of the road, and suddenly they drive at 5mph everywhere, and don't pull out at junctions unless there is a half mile gap in the traffic!

New week, new month. I've finally got all my company and personal tax paperwork sorted and filed. Thanks for your help Jon, just one more to go and that one should be easy!

Waterloo is approaching, (I'm coming in the long way) so time to think about exiting this crush and getting to work. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...