Thursday, February 05, 2009

An entry

I have a headache. I've had a headache since yesterday evening. I'm not in a good mood.

It snowed overnight. They cancelled trains, but I ignored them. I took the *looonnng* route, slowly, and I'm nearly at work. At least all the trains far underground aren't complaining about adverse weather conditions this time.

Too much to do, too little time and staff to do it.

Meetings late into my home time yesterday just gave us more work, more reports. These ones won't go down well either. Name and shame is the new game in town. CYA. Management is different now. Bridges will be burnt. I think a few quiet heads-ups may be in order. I hate surprises, I'm sure others do too.

I read a lot of other blogs (a large portion of which are found down the left of the screen if you're not reading this over RSS), and the one thing that strikes me is how boring my life seems. Are all these other people working? Are they making all the stuff they write about up? Or are we just so safe and boring, that even when we do things, those things don't impart fun tales?

That was a really bad sentence.

I can't be bothered to fix it.

Onwards we go. My daughter has started repeating us. After months of simple two word structures, we're making leaps and bounds now. However, new words get repeated. New words we don't always want her repeating. We're pretty good about our language, but sometimes things slip out; and when they do, they're caught, copied, and filed for future reference. Oh dear. This parenting lark keeps coming up with new curve balls.

She knows what she wants too. It's bendable at the minute though. "Do you want to get out the bath?" "No". "Do you want a cookie" "No". "Really! Do you want a pony?" "No". "Ever?" "No". "Ok".

She wouldn't stand up the other day. Every time I said stand up, she sat down. Eventually, I said sit down. She stood up. Job done.

Can't see that working for long!

Time to stop rambling. Must go and make up some interesting stories.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...