Monday, February 16, 2009

Too much to say, no way to say it.

Here I am standing (for a change) on a train with, maybe, three blog posts going round my head. They are competing with several work thoughts, and a number of home thoughts. As a result, nothing is getting through. I have the oppsoite of writers block!

So? Summarise:

World of Goo on Linux - a very fun game, ported well. An interesting design decision to make it run fullscreen at 800x600 which is interesting with 2 monitors. A quick change of config.txt fixed that, and the game has worked perfectly since. Sound, graphics, it all looks the same as the windows version (as you'd expect). It really is a good game, if you enjoy fun games that make you think a bit, pop over and get yourself a copy.

Swimming - took my daughter swimming on Sunday morning in the first of what will become regular sessions. I got her a jacket with lots of floats to keep her upright, and she loved it. By the end of the session she was able to swim 2 widths of the pool under her own steam. A natural!

I've now changed train twice, and completely lost my train (!) of thought.

Can't think. Need to get my head straight. Busy, important week starts now. Oh dear.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...