Friday, January 09, 2009

Tired and emotional

Having an easy to press button that discards your message without confirmation is not the best UI feature ever devised.

Didn't get much sleep last night. My daughter was up in th early hours, and my mind had much to process. Thankfully, it's Friday. A weekend is almost upon me.

An advert in front of me reads:

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet" Emily Dickinson
There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.

A poster from the atheist campaign, it does psoe a thinking point. My mind today thinks there's probably no purpose to my job. I should stop worrying and enjoy my life. Why do we put ourselves through this? Essentially, my job boils down to keeping costs down so an institution that provides no real tangible benefit to life can make more money. And for this I travel for over 3 hours a day, take on a huge amount of stress, and put up with so much crap it's unbelievable. I bet I couldn't justify my life to, well, anyone really.

Good job it's the weekend eh!?

Time for some R&R.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...