Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Xmas eve eve

My last working day before Xmas, and my last working day for 5 whole days.

Sleep hasn't been that great lately. Friday night had a couple of wake up calls, but Saturday was terrible. Little one seemed to believe that it was nap time, and was up throughout the night. My poor wife got about 4 hours sleep, and, because I had gone to sleep at the start of the night instead of reading, I got about 6. Sunday was a bit of a write off. Although, somehow, my amazing wife managed to make 2 casseroles!

We got a tree moved, and another one planted on Saturday. I'm informed that that is the last large plant our garden needs. We'll see. I also got the turkey, pigs in blankets, potataoes, parsnips, carrots, and sprouts (yuck) for Thursday. I have another long list for this evening, but that will be it.

I'm really looking forward to Xmas this year. More so than usual. I can't quite put my finger on it; maybe I just need a break more than usual.

On something completely different. We were watching a bit of the snooker final on Sunday night (yes, we were that tired), well, I was watching it, and my wife was ignoring it in favour of the internet, and I was surprised at just how bad the players were. Now I'm not a great player, and count myself lucky when I get a pot, but I've watched snooker on the TV for many years; by the time you get to the final, the tricky shots should be executed every time. Perfect position, accurate cannons. Both of the guys playing on Sunday were mis-queuing, failing on position, missing pots. In the days of Jimmy White, and Stephen Hendry, to name but 2, the final was always a spectacular display of snooker. The 2 on Sunday looked like a couple of semi-pros down the community pool hall. I haven't watched snooker for about 4 years, so maybe this is what it's become, but what happened to the greats?

Anyway, work is a few minutes away. It's team lunch day, and I don't have many meetings either. A show and tell at 15:00, but that's about it. Then home, shopping, and Xmas. Yay.

Merry Xmas, and happy yule tidings to both my readers.

2 comments:

Al said...

If you'd seen the rest of the competition you'd have seen good snooker. The players were just feeling the pressure of a final - winning the final frame (of a 9-8 match) with a fluke pink is a bit rubbish though! It's even worse than the voting mess-up with "strictly" ... again!
erm ... there's a 17yr old version of me that is trying to kill me now ... :/

Steve said...

I saw it from 6-4 to 6-6 and it just wasn't good. Missing simple cannons, messing up the long reds (difficult I know). Snooker that I watched years ago made those sort of things. One of them even mis-queued so badly he took a chunk out of his tip. Nerves are one thing, but the snooker just wasn't the class of old.

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...