Monday, December 08, 2008

Oh dear

So it's Monday morning, and I'm already counting down to the weekend. What's it called when you're forced to go somewhere you don't want to for most of your waking life? Oh yes, work.

The weekend was good. We got a load of jobs done without it feeling like we spent the whole weekend doing jobs. Saturday saw us actually getting out of the house for fun. We drove up to a National Trust property where there was an xmas food market. The food market wasn't great, but the grounds were lovely, and it'll definitely be worth another visit next year. The day was only slightly marred by vindictive old grannies stopping my little one getting a go on the train. Although that may have been down to bumbling and faffing rather than vindictivness. Who knows when it comes to grannies?

Sunday involved a quick shopping trip, and a sunday roast with my wife's parents.

Somehow, we also got all our remaining wrapping finished, our bathroom cleaned, and some vacuuming. All in all, a productive weekend.

And now it's back to work. More stress, more requirements, not enough time, not enough staff. Oh well, it pays the bills.

I started writing this blog properly in March, the year has ticked by rapidly since then. It'll be interesting to sit back and look over the changes in my life at some point. I wonder if the turning point between enjoyment and frustration can be spotted. Hopefully, another few months and a reverse will also be spotable.

3 comments:

Al said...

October 1st, snap out of it.

Steve said...

You have too much time on your hands!

and no, I won't "snap out of it"

Al said...

OK, well can't you at least ignore it for a while - it's Christmas. How about another album review. Or something about a TV show.

I've only just found out about a show that sounds really good and is already on something like season 5 ... "The Wire". I'm just hoping it's as good as the sopranos (another show that got to season 5 before I started watching).

As for having time on my hands - I'm not in prison tomorrow, or Monday, so I'm making the most of it by wasting it in the most wasteful of ways that I can think of. It makes me feel better.

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...