Friday, December 05, 2008

That Friday feeling

Why can't my phone capitalise letters when I hold them down? That's one of the main things I miss from the blackberry. Having to press shift first just seems daft. I can see they had to make a decision, and chose to offer foreign varients of letters, but given localisation I would choose capitalisation over ferign characters. Hòw øftêñ dö ï ñèéd thë§ë thîñgß? Must letters don't have foreign options, so just repeat. Surely using the 'sym' option to reach those characters, and offering capitals on a long press would have been a better option.

Moving on. There are posters (and TV adverts) around at the minute for Windows. They state "I'm a PC" offer some picture of a 'normal' individual, and follow it up with some comment on the users job. E.g. "I'm a PC and a merciless gamer" accompanied by a picture of Fatality (an overgrown kid who makes a living out of playing games (not that I'm jealous or anything)). You are also encouraged to record you own video message, using the phrase, and send it in (although not on you tube I guess :) ). I'm seriously considering recording one saying, "I'm a PC and I use Linux". Do you think that would make the website?

Time to move on. Late today, but the boss is out. No real meetings to speak of, so I might get some work done! The weekend is only a matter of hours away, and it promises quiet (and a few jobs). Joy.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...