Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Finally

Whenever I go away, or work from home, my time for blog reading is seriously deminished. Going away for 3 days the other week for the wedding left me with a huge defecit. Finally, today, I've fully caught up. My reader is empty. Many thanks to all those who write the blogs I read, but do you think you could take account of my holidays in future, and tailor your output accordingly? Thanks in advance.

I've been messing around with google alerts recently. Asking it to e-mail any references to me, or to my daughter's first name. The ones about me haven't brought up anything of interest yet; which isn't that surprising, I tend to keep a low profile on the net, and I'm unlikely to be published, nor referenced anywhere. The ones for my daughter, however, have been worth further investigation. I'm only looking for her first name as it's a little different, and shouldn't come up that often. So far, 2 people have been posting under the sudonym (I wish this thing had a spell checker), and one person used it as a mis-spelling of something else. The interesting bit is the sites that tend to come up. So far, a 22 year olds blog full of angst and lols, a site dedicated to the evils of childhood, and a bulletin board for transexuals. Really backs up our decision to give her that name!

Out tonight for an Xmas meal with my wife. Looking forward to some 'us' time. Tomorrow night I'll be alone as my wife and daughter will be at her Mum and Dads for the night. Looking forward to some 'me' time. On Thursday, my wife will join me at work for lunch. Looking forward to a 'lunchtime'. All in all, a good week. Shame to spoil it with work.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...