Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Cold Tuesday

When little one woke us at 05:25 this morning it was 5 minutes before the heating came on. And it was cold. That feeling has stayed with me so far, and, as I'm stood by the door in a Jubilee line carriage with a cold draft hitting my back, looks set to continue for some time.

I'm hearing rumours that the American I was asked to "interview" may be given my job leaving me in charge of data only. So I'm following up a few leads to get another job lined up just in case. I am not going to have a chain of command through 2 people in another country, neither of which know me, and one who has shown no interest in getting to know me. I know a stupid political game when I see one. My new senior manager wants a power base in the US. It's not personal against me, I'm just not important to the big picture. Well fine, good luck running all of the systems and reports without my knowledge.

I have a couple of internal leads within the company, so I'll follow them up and see what's out there. I'm not even bothering to look external at the moment. The market is not at its best.

So, on that cheery note, another day begins.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...