Thursday, October 16, 2008

Late start

I worked from home for a couple of hours this morning as my wife needed to pop to the docs; doctors and toddlers don't mix, so I did baby duties (and e-mails, and phone calls)

My parents popped over last night on their way home from 2 months in France. It was good to see them again, even if only for a short time.

Little one was up in the night. 03:40 feels like a truck has hit you. A second call at 06:55 didn't feel much better. The "easier" start to the day, and an early lunch on the way in has helped, and I feel mostly human again.

I think it's time for a bit of a lifecycle change. Talking to my wife this morning we both agree that more exercise and earlier nights are called for. The difficulty is where to put all the stuff that has to happen. We're generally down to 40 mins of telly an evening which gives us 1 program a day. We're fine with that, but can't cut it any further. Cooking, cleaning, sorting general stuff out all takes time. We don't eat anything pre-prepared (except the occasional soup), and we don't go to bed until the washing up is done, and the kitchen clean. No compromises on time there.

We'll sort it. Much as it may seem a hard option, I think the only way forward is for my wife and daughter to get up earlier, and therefore my dughter's night time routine can start earlier, and so can our evening. We both dislike this option though as it means earlier mornings for my wife, and less time in the evenings with my daughter for me. I just can't see another way of acheiving what we want though.

It's a bad time to try anything like this too as it's so dark in a morning at this time of year, and it just makes getting up that much harder to do. Maybe we could get it going at the clock change. That might soften the blow a bit. Hmm.

Right, enough blathering. I thought this would be a short one today! Work finally approaches. Time for another Thursday.


------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...