Friday, September 05, 2008

Knackered

It's Friday. It's been an uphill struggle to get here. It's not going to be an easy day.

At least, once it's over, I'm on holiday for 2 weeks. I know, I know, I've been very quiet about this. I'm actually looking forward to it. And, once we get to Monday and I've finished driving and started relaxing, I'm going to use the opportunity to stop drinking coke again. For a while.

The host (read coffee fetcher) on the train this morning would not shut up. He kept coming over to the 2 people on my left and starting conversations. Even when they were already talking to each other he waited a bit and then started to talk about how he'd be in the end of the monsoon season in a couple of weeks! I don't know, people who use any excuse to talk about their upcoming holiday! Whatever next?

I'm off now to a breakfast meeting with one of my staff to try and prepare her for the coming fortnight. I feel sorry for them. They're all quite new, and relatively inexperienced (at the way the organisation works, and who to talk to); I feel like I'm leaving them to the wolves. Oh well, 10 working days and I'll be back. They'll cope.

Little on had me up at 05:25 this morning. She had, once again, got her foot stuck through the bars of her cage er cot. I extricated the foot, straightened her out, and covered her with the duvet. She was instantly asleep. Minx. I got up less then an hour later. She was still fast asleep.

On the geek front, my admin page is up and running. I have full system and network monitoring of both my main boxes, with performance dashboards available from one place, and only accessible from my internal network. I'm happy, but now need something else to tinker with.

That's probably it. Can't think of much more worth writing (yes, that means I thought all that lot you've just skipped through was worth writing). Expect a bit more sporadic posting over the next couple of weeks (did I mention I'm on holiday?), but I'll try and get a couple of updates in (I've even been promised some guest posting from the wife after her fantastic debut the other evening). I know you'll all be sitting there, hitting refresh every few seconds, just waiting for that next nugget of finely crafted prose. I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...