Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday morning issues

Having blackberry problems this morning, so typing this is an exercise in patience. When I hit select I get 'uo' when I hit back I get 'hl'. Not very helpful. Everything else works, so I'm working around the issue. The thing was fine yesterday, and then I put it down and came back to check it 3 hours later where it started doing this. I've rebooted it twice, but to no avail.

Anyway, minor technical problemets aside, we finally got our third and final 6ft by 6ft piece of trellis fully stained. I'll fit it inplace tonight and complete our screening. The playhouse is also complete (bar a couple of wobbly windows), so a productive weekend all round

Unfortunately, since we started doing the trellis we've had an extra pole and 2ft section inserted, and had some horizontal trellis fitted to the wall of the house, and in the conservatory. So our adventures in staining are not quite at an end.

The 'shock' headline in the Metro this morning is, "Human sewage used for cereals". I have to say, my first thought was, "People will do anything to avoid eating muesli."

Another week begins. This is the first one of many without my right hand girl as she's off on secondment in South Africa. I know I, and the team, will cope, but I'd rather we didn't have to!

Other than that, many meetings (though hopefully less than last week), and the usual problems and issues are bound to crop up, but nothing major. We have some friends visiting this weekend, so that's to look forward to. A saturday of wine and bbq would be nice. Hope the weather's up to it.

Speaking of the weather, who turned the heat up. Last night was the hottest, most humid, and yet stillest night yet. Even when we were woken at 5:11 (apologies for the stupid number I've just found out my zero is also playing up, it types 'yi' or ')I' depending on how I select it!) It still hadn't cooled down much. It's all a bit much really. We're British, there must be someone to complain to!

Right, enough waffling! I'll have nothing to write about the rest of the week at this rate! Time for the day to begin. Good start so far, I've got a seat on the tube!

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...