Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On something other than trains

I've been told! "No more boring posts about your boring journey. There's only one thing worse than a commuter journey, and that's reading about a commuter journey. Now stop it!"

So, where does that leave me? Stuck underground, racking my brains for something to write about.

Right then, kids! They're great. Convinced? Ok, well...

When I ring home I can here my daughter in the background saying, "Dada". She does this everytime the phone rings.

When I get home she'll turn to me, then give me a big grin, a "Dada", and a demand for a cuddle.

When I'm holding her she'll turn and give me a kiss.

If I say "Cutie pie" she'll pinch my cheek and give it a wobble.

I've taught her how to do 'raspberries'. She does them all the time on Mummy.

When I kiss her goodnight she waves.

When I leave the room she'll crane round to see where I've gone.

When it's bedtime she'll knock on the wall so I come and get her.

After bathtimes the first thing we'll do is sit down with her wrapped in a towel. She'll cuddle up to me every time, looking up at my face.

The best game in the world is whatever Daddy's doing now.

When she's upset, only a cuddle from Daddy will do. (Ok, Mummy cuddles work as well)

Everyday she discovers new things, and always wants to share them with me.

One day I'll get to watch Star Wars with her.

She'll probably like Jar Jar.

She makes it all worthwhile, and between her and my wife I have something to look forward to at the end of every day.


If you're not convinced now, then you'd just have to see her, see the happiness in her, and experience one of those selfless cuddles.

------------------

2 comments:

Kate said...

Much better than trains. And planes. And automobiles. I WAAAANT ONE! It's like a real life fleshware gadget.

Matthew said...

@Kate

Not much stopping you, since you already have the appropriate production facilities. Just promise you will name the child "Xanadu" or "Godzilla", since I believe it will help develop a strong character.

@Steve

Still don't see it. It's all good now, but this one will grow up soon enough, meaning you will need to have another one for you next hit of full-dependance :)

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...