Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This post intentionally left blank

A bit like my mind!

So far the only topics I have come up with are:

Water butts, and the amount of water we are using every evening to water the garden (about 50 litres)

Me, sleeping in the spare room last night, and my daughter NOT waking us at 5am for once.

A rant over immigration / emmigration. Apparently, 1.2 million people have become citizens of the UK since labour came to power. Some quarters are picking this up as a shocking statistic, and going through the usual hyperbole. Seperatly reported is the statement that 2 million people have emmigrated in the last 10 years. Now, combine the 2 stories in any number of interesting combinations to back up the arguement of your choice. Isn't news paper writing fun.

So, given that those are less than stellar thoughts, I reckon I'll leave them out.

Along with another complaint about the mis-representation of the bill to change the law around IVF. Apparently "Fathers are no longer important". Hmm, nice shock headline, but complete rubbish. The wording of the guidlines given to clinics has been modified to ask them to consider the child's environment when couples go for IVF, and to ensure there is a stable family unit to provide for them. All this does is make it simpler for same sex couples to have children (specifically lesbian couples, as gay couples weren't exactly short of a father!) Arguement against this bill comes down to a single point. You don't believe that 2 women can raise a child without a man. Well I'm not going into that one, but I do know some traditional couples that aren't doing that well with one!

As you can see, I'm not going to write anything today. Maybe I'll come up with something tomorrow.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...